Monday, May 7, 2007

...What a view....



Today, my first day as a blogger, did not begin the way I had actually hoped. I woke up, the same way I wake up every morning, and decided yes, that's it. I'll welcome people to my blog with the images I see as I wake up, they'll love it. What do I see, you ask. Well, apart from myself, puff-eyed and dazed from not nearly enough beauty sleep, the view from my window is actually spectacular. My initial welcome went something like this....Open your eyes as I open mine and join me in my journey, a journey which begins each day as I sip my coffee on a balcony looking out over the Ionian sea watching the sun rise gently as it warms the cool, silent waves along this spectacular coast of Greece. Listen, as I listen, to the morning sounds, the birds singing, old men walking, children buzzing on their way to school, the gentle breeze rustling through the trees reminding me that summer has still to arrive. The smell of bread baking mingles with the soft aroma of spring flowers, slowly opening their petals to greet another warm May day. In the background, simple melodies can be heard from one of the state owned radio stations, taking me back to times less burdened...but no. Not today. No way. The simple melody awkwardly stops as the needle jumps and scratches the vinyl record I call life. The ambiance is a mere illusion, and my day, well, although the view is the same, nothing else is. the same face gazes at me from the mirror and wishes it were still in the dreamworld I was so hastily awakened from. My son's voice distressed is the only thing I can hear, as he cries for mummy ... we are not well today. My mobile begins ringing, unknown numbers, probably the banks, but who knows as I rush around trying to plan my day around a sick son, a busy schedule and blogging...well...life is never the way we want, or should I say, the way I want but ... what the heck..I've got a great view from my balcony!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Blogger said...

Did you know you can create short urls with AdFly and get dollars from every click on your shortened links.

Ceiling Contractors Fort Lauderdale said...

Great reading your blog posst